Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Breakfast Was So Good!

I love eating breakfast! It's actually my favorite meal of the day and I look forward to it each night. Totally dorky I know. I guess I like all of the options you can eat and I like how it starts your day off right. For breakfast I really like bagels (although they're not too healthy for you), cereal, oatmeal, and my favorite - greek yogurt with fruit and a bit of a honey.

My favorite greek yogurt brand is Fage closely followed by Chobani. I tried Dannon's greek yogurt the other day and absolutely hated it! It really reminded me of sour cream, not good. Anyway today I thought I'd mix things up a bit and I absolutely loved the outcome!

I used Fage greek yogurt with Justin's Hazelnut Butter (I got mine at Vons) and half of a small banana. I save my other half of the banana to eat right before my lunchtime workout. To top it off, I also added some honey bunches of oats. I would have liked to use granola but I'm out. I can seriously eat buckets of hazelnut butter (or nutella) but mixing it with greek yogurt tasted soooo good! It was like a dessert but not sinful.


This is with the hazelnut butter underneath and before I mixed it. It looks much better once mixed!

I actually just got back from the gym and since I'm still sore from yesterday, I just ran on the treadmill for 15 mins followed by some pilates exercises - mostly leg exercises mixed with some core work. Lastly I went crazy on the elliptical for 10 mins.

I tend to get hungry after lunch around 2 or 2:30 and today I brought veggie chips to snack on! This will help me combat those vending machine cravings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment